Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Story of Tea Drink *Green Tea and Passion Fruit*

I remember seeing this bottle and going, hmmm I wonder what's inside it. The color scheme of this product and the scarce English type would have thrown off a few people here in the states. However, I will say that this risk did pay off. I've had 2 different kinds of this tea, one of which I'll briefly mention because I didn't keep the bottle. I wish I knew a little bit more about this company, since there wasn't a lot to go on. However I will say at K&S, there is about 3-4 types at any given time of this green tea.
I'm not going to lie, I have no clue what this says.
That said, I really enjoyed the taste and body of this drink, both kinds I had. However I wish I had kept the apple variety, since it was notably tastier. However, this variety with passion fruit, had much more of a green tea taste. I had this while enjoying my Meiji snacks, and they provided a good mix between them. The taste was brisk and sweet with a bitter tea finish. For most people, especially those used to sodas and other over sugary drinks probably should steer clear from this. However, if you're looking for a bit healthier option, this is certainly a good idea. Personally, I rarely drink any sort of sodas so I REALLY liked how this drink was on the pallet.
Kind of hard to read the English Parts
Heres my breakdown of this particular product. I believe I picked this up for about $1.29, which by all means isn't a "steal" and I don't think this is a MUST HAVE. However, if you're looking for a good change of pace, especially if you're a big tea drinker... this is a definite. Then again, you're probably going to want to FIND this first, since it's a bit rare and both times I've gotten different flavors. Overall, I'd say that I give this product a 7.5/10. I give this slightly lower marks because the apple version is just THAT much better than this one. The product does score well with lower sugar content, as well as a nice aftertaste. Plus I've always been a person who enjoys the taste of tea in tea drinks. So, grab yourself a glass, and try it...
What are you waiting for, try it!
Thanks,
Stocky

2 comments:

  1. Great read Brad. What types of peach nectur have you tried? We had some amazing ones while I was in Japan as well as some killer apple juice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question. I don't think I've tried any yet I will however look for some. Especially when it comes to beverages I'm limited to what they have in stock the day I go. Thanks for the comment.

    Ps - my newest post today I did a peach aloe vera drink!

    ReplyDelete