Friday, March 18, 2011

Crab Shumai *Nissui*

So when you think of something with crab in it you usually associate it with something decadent and yummy. However this product from Nissui is anything but. I got this on my first ever trip to K&S and man, it was probably the worst decision I ever made.
Yeah, NASTY
However, I had high hopes for this, as this brand seemed pretty well represented in the 2 stores I've been in. I can maybe see that these are a delicacy in some other places. However, not only did these things taste completely bland and unappealing, they ALSO looked and SMELLED horrible. I will say my method of cooking was microwave (which they said was recommended). Not only did they smell bad for the day I cooked them, but the 3 days following. I would NOT recommend this unless you don't care about your food quality, looks, or smell. As you've probably already noticed, this will be one of my shorter reviews, for obvious reasons.

Overall, I would say that this could maybe be appealing if they could be steamed in an outdoor market ... MAYBE ??? However I will say with 100% certainty, I will NEVER EVER eat these again. I can't say that anyone would want to even try these, especially with my non-recommendation. Please, if you value the normal smells in your house... DO NOT BUY! Sorry Nissui, I have to give you a .5/10 (only giving one half point for cool looking packaging).

Thanks,
Stocky

No comments:

Post a Comment