Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello Panda Biscuit - Milk Filling *Meiji*

Time to go back to the kinds of foods I really enjoy. Junk food! Hey, can you blame me? These have to be some of the more common types of junk food, since I've seen them in World Market, Wholefoods, K&S and countless others, including wal-mart. This snack food is produced/exported by Meiji, a larger company with a vast portfolio of foods.
So cute, you have to pick it up!
Since I've given up chocolate for Lent, this was a pretty easy pickup for me. I even got a recommendation from one of the cashiers that this was a product I'd absolutely love. The outside of the packaging is a fun shape with really colorful and cute panda pictures.
Told you they were cute!
Where this product REALLY takes off is the coating/crunchy outside. The biscuit is thin, crispy and just the right amount of sweetness. However, I will be honest, I was a bit hesitant to pick these up because it said "milk cream" flavoring. Come on, nobody can get that excited about a MILK filling, bleh! However I will say I was pleasantly surprised. The inside is such a good mix of sweetness, with a good interior consistency. I have noticed a few trends with these junk foods, Milk/Red Bean/Soy Sauce fillings aren't always bad or even savory, on the contrary most are very sweet. Add all of the positives together, and you get a really satisfying, somewhat 'light' snack. This is a really good go-to biscuit, especially to someone who cannot have chocolate.
Ingredient list as well as Export info
I'll also note, the cute little pictures on  the outside were also pretty appealing. They said they are "sports pictures" and yeah for the most part that's true. Anyway, on to my final decision, I'd say these are a definite buy for people who are looking to enter into something newer to snack on. These are a great low risk food for people who have a sensitive stomach too. I'd have to say I give this a 8 out of 10, since I almost always get them with many broken pieces. That said, go out and try these :)

Thanks,
Stocky

No comments:

Post a Comment