Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nong Shim *Shrimp Flavored Cracker*

Walking into K&S's snack section, you see 100's of bags of these. They are very brightly packaged, small, and a great deal! However, these are my second choice for shrimp crackers. Again this product comes from the familiar K&S store via the manufacturer Nong Shim. I have found these crackers in all oriental/japanese/world markets, so I assume they are pretty common. Without further delay, here is my review on one of the easier products to find.
Very nice/Plain graphics
To how these taste... they taste like they say... salty shrimp. To be honest, I do know SEVERAL people who do not like these due to the smell. Yeah, they smell like shrimp, if that's something you're not able to get over, pass on these. However if you enjoy seafood, these are an absolute staple for you. They are really light and fluffy, but not nearly as fluffy as the other shrimp chips I purchased, those I'll review later ;).

Little Ridges YUM!

Wow, these things took me by surprise, mostly due to my unrefined taste-buds. I was first overwhelmed by the amount of salt flavor, but then was sat back down with the light and tasty shrimp flavor. From what I understand they grind up / pulverize the shrimp and bake it into the crackers. YUM! It is worth noting two more things about these. Firstly, they re ridged and have a different texture to them. Secondly, these items go amazing on / dipped in Ramen because they snap, and pop like rice cereal, it's quite entertaining. 

Onto my final verdict -- 
I say these are a solid snacking staple and the value you get is amazing. It took me 3-4 servings to make it through one bag. At 99cents this is probably the best investment you can make if you like shrimp and are willing to try something different. However if you're not a big person on smells, I'd say TRY these first before you buy a couple bags. Overall I give these a 7 out of 10 *10 being best*; receiving good marks for flavor, texture, low fat. However loses points due to the smell and crunch, just a texture thing for most people.

Thanks,
Stocky

No comments:

Post a Comment