Thursday, April 14, 2011

Unif Instant Rice Noodles *Chinese Onion* Review

It looks like it's been a little while since I did some noodles. I tend to eat these at lunch and make a perfect quick lunch that fills and warms you. This product is made by UNIF, a Vietnamese company. These are sold in your normal ramen "chunk" of noodles.
Onion Flavor
I didn't know exactly why I chose this one outside of it being pretty cheap and not spicy. I will say I've recently just picked up another pack of this noodle. Again, this is a SOLID good secondary choice for my second favorite ramen, behind my other shrimp bowl. This is a pretty plain tasting soup as far as the overwhelming flavor. However this doesn't mean its bad, actually it's really good, and tasty. To say it again, this isn't really one of those "spicy" dishes and will soothe almost any pallet. Also I liked the fact these had clear-ish noodles, they tasted and looked different than anything I've ever had.
Fully Cooked
I will have to say, this was a surprise that this soup was so tasty. I was anticipating an overwhelmingly strong onion flavor, (which I hate). They actually were more salty than anything, since there are a few packets of spices. Again the spices tended to be in better shape/greater quantity than those here in the States.

All in all, this noodle is pretty good, given their less spicy taste. I would recommend these noodles to anyone who wants to try something a bit "lower risk". That said, I have to give this an 8.5 out of 10, getting high marks for dynamic tastes, textures, and low spice. However gets a few ticks off because of the less spice, since some people really enjoy spiciness. 

Thanks,
Stocky

PS- I may be taking a break here pretty soon, as I'm planning my wedding. Also, the local food store had completely empty shelves in their refrigerated section (probably due to the Japan disaster). Anyway, I thought I'd let my users know ahead of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment