Friday, April 15, 2011

Tablemark Oriental Flavor Noodle Soup Review

Here goes nothing, another product I clearly had to rely on the smaller English print. Well hey, it worked out for me, this dish was actually pretty interesting. This came to me via the local strip mall store, Japanese foods and novelties, a MUCH smaller store than the others. Apparently this is made by Tablemark Co. LTD out of Japan.
Bright and Colorful  ;-)
I decided to make this for lunch, and my expectations were that this would be spicy, however I was way off. Again, this dish had a TON of freeze dried vegetables, and a good amount of soup stock. I really loved this again because the cabbage swelled up many times larger than it came in the package. There were two packets and the noodles had a yellow tint to them.
I stirred it up a bit
The taste again was VERY satisfying, and was pretty salty with a nice side taste of the vegetables. I did notice how UNspicy this was, which really doesn't happen much. Again, I did like it because I really wasn't wanting anything too spicy today. However, this can probably be filed under the "try if you like" category because there isn't anything too special about the taste and flavor.
Traditionally high sodium (of course)
All in all, this bowl was a bit overpriced for what it was ($2.49). I will say however, it was completely worth it, since it was a good change from my normal sandwiches and chips for lunch. Then again, this didn't have anything too interesting about it, and I couldn't put my finger on it. Lastly, I'd have to give this a 7 out of 10, since it was good, but not fantastic, and it was a solid change to my week.

Thanks,
Stocky


No comments:

Post a Comment