Friday, April 1, 2011

Coco Rico Coconut Soda Review

Well what can I say, I'm a sucker for displays. This drink was a FULL wall display (probably got a large shipment of them), from my local K&S International Market. This isn't really something that's from the far east, however, I'd say this IS on the rare side. This drink is made by Coco Rico Inc., out of Puerto Rico (I believe, it says on the can).
Yep, cool looking can!
The best couple things about this drink is how fresh and clean it tastes. However, compared to my Ramune drinks, we're back up to the high carbonation. Another cool thing about this soda is just how crystal clear it is. I poured it out, and was expecting maybe a cloudy texture / look to it. I'm so used to the aloe vera drinks having a texture to them, maybe I was just assuming? Anyway, I really enjoyed the fizz, and the bite from it, personally I'd like to sometime try it as a mixer, yes ... it's that good. You can really taste the coconut, and it's not too heavily sweetened, and the coconut taste resonates through.
Crystal Clear
I will keep this review kind of short, because it is rare, HOWEVER it's not something that is that "odd" or different. That said, I will most likely buy this again, probably in a 6 pack. I'd totally recommend this, and for any of my local readers, I'll see if I can give you a sample sometime. Overall I will give this one a 9.0/10 for high marks on sweet balance, coconut flavor, and color. The downside to this drink is that it's a bit too carbonated for a mellow drink, and it's kind of expensive $2.99 for a 6 pack.
Basic Label...
Thanks,
Stocky

No comments:

Post a Comment