Friday, April 8, 2011

Asian Taste *Black Tea* Review

Now I will be frank, I was never really a tea drinker until I turned about 20 something. To be honest I didn't really have to high hopes for this since it was $1.99 for a box of 20 bags. Again, that's extremely cheap, even by today's standards. This product and manufacturer I couldn't really find anything too much about it, suffice to say you can find this item online at most retailers.
Rather to the point Tea Box
Again when it comes to Tea there isn't much to say, due to the nature of the actual drink, it's meant to be relaxing. However, I actually prefer to drink this when I need a boost of energy, as black tea has the highest concentration of caffeine in teas. Not really something you'll drink to get you as hyper as what a Red-Bull would do, but I do find this has a good amount of kick (caffeine), to it. I like to enjoy this mostly when the weather is on the chilly side, since I don't really ever add sugar or ice.
For being Black Tea, it shows pretty reddish-brown.
As far as taste goes, this particular brand has a really nice smell and flavor to it. The dry bags smell kind of like a mix between Lipton iced tea brands. The taste starts off as a very warm, broad taste with subtle lows of a 'woody' flavor. However, the aftertaste is quite nice, comparatively, to the overly woody taste that this drink may sometimes have. I'd say, that this is something I could enjoy at pretty much any time of day.
Very nondescript bag
All that said, this is one of 2 flavors of tea from this brand I'll eventually review. Again, there isn't much to say in the way of recommending this since tea is something you like or don't like. Certainly, this is a good replacement or change to your normal coffee routine. I also will say as a coffee drinker, occasionally, I will say the Tea Caffeine buzz is much more subtle, but tends to keep me more focused. Anyway, if you can get your hands on it, from Amazon or something like that, do it. Overall I give this an 8.5 out of 10, with high marks for drink-ability, flavor, caffeine content and overall enjoyment. However, if you're not a "tea person" this probably isn't the best first tea choice. Conversely, if you enjoy tea and want to expand your horizons, this is an excellent choice to get away from large channel brands like Lipton.

Thanks,
Stocky

4 comments:

  1. Nice and very interesting. Thank you for your sharing...........

    China Manufacturing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. A loooooong time... personally I'm a caffeine junkie so I just let it steep as long as possible.

      Delete