Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nong Shim *Shin Bowl Noodle* **SPICY**

First and foremost, sorry for posting so late Stocky blog readers! I got really caught up with work, and with things around the house. Anyway, thanks for understanding, now we're back! I bring you back to my international blog with an old friend, Nong Shim! I promise you, I really don't plan this, but being one of the more famous and accessible brands, you'll keep seeing it.
Not a whole lot of pics on this one... sorry guys and gals!
Onto the actual food, as I said in my previous reviews, the Nong Shim products tend to be on the spicy side. If you're a fan of spicy foods this one does NOT disappoint me. I opted to add the whole packet (as usual), to the whole mix. If I had to put my finger on it I'd say this is probably the second spiciest noodle soup I've ever had, next to Vinh Long's Beef and Carrot Stew, and that stuff practically made me cry. I've grown a lot with my tastes, including my tolerance to spicy foods. This has a distinct Nissan Ramen Beef Noodle flavor, with a strong spice to it, I had to stop once or twice, and it burned the crap out of my throat. Again, I more or less thought it was because it was so hot, not spicy. Anyway, the smell doesn't really make my nose run, and it doesn't really give out much of an aroma.
Traditional Red-Spice broth, perfectly cooked Noodles!
All in all, this review is kind of brief because this particular soup doesn't really have a lot to it, as far as veggies and all that. However, that's not to say I won't recommend this to anyone, on the contrary. If you DO like spicy foods, particularly soups, this is another definite BUY ME NOW!! Plus, better yet it is cheap (~$1.29), and you can find it almost anywhere, someone alluded to me that you may even be able to find this at a whole-foods store. Overall, I'd have to give this one a 8.7 out of 10, with a definite BUY rating. That said, I'd say, this doesn't really stand out, aside from being a solid spicy noodle broth soup. However, there isn't much in the way of alternative foods like cabbage, onions, and other veggies. All in all, go out and try it, you'll be surprised how much you'll like spicy soup!

Thanks,
Stocky


No comments:

Post a Comment