Thursday, April 7, 2011

OKF Coco Coconut Drink *Pineapple* Review

I have to be honest, when I picked this up I almost assumed it was another Aloe drink. I can't exactly say I was disappointed, until I had a chance to try it. This again comes from OKF, a Korean beverage company, of which I've done other reviews for. I am starting to think I'm doing reviews on only a couple companies, but hey, I review what I can get my hands on.
OKF WOO HOO!
The first thing I noticed about this drink was the overwhelming smell. Most of the time, you don't get a good whiff of what you can smell from a beverage. However, this drink is stellar, and has a very sweet; almost nectar type drink with a slice of pineapple and coconut. On the contrary I wish the taste was the same, because it's actually way over the top sweet and not a lot of pineapple flavor. The pineapple flavor that IS present is really fake and only hits you at the end. There's not much to be said about the actual coconut flavor since that's pretty much gone.
Little Floaty Things
I have to say however the tell-tale "chunks" in this drink do NOT correlate to a good overall experience. In contrast the Aloe Vera Drinks, which have the squishy almost jell-o like, pieces. The coco brand has pieces of coconut, which are far more chewier, less tasting, and certainly less enjoyable. This drink is SERIOUSLY curbed by this by also having a horrendous after-taste. I really cannot convey to you in words how much less fun/appealing this drink is now, I will most likely NOT finish it.
Nutrition and Producer Information
All in all, this drink... if you can call it that, is kind of a miss. I will say that the taste isn't all that horrible, just really misses the mark with the texture. I think from here on out, unless I feel adventurous, getting another Coco drink. Overall, I will give this about a 4 out of 10, with disappointing flavor, texture, and aftertaste. Again, I will say you are welcome to try this, just know that it won't be for my recommendations.

Thanks,
Stocky

4 comments:

  1. I just tried it, It's horrible I threw it away

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it.. This is all I drink day and night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it also. The somewhat "chewier" texture of the bits is actually my favorite part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thank you for the comment I agree. This is definitely a good change of pace from boring juices.

      Delete